- MEAP Guidelines
- MEAP Guidelines also available in Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swahili.
- FAQs for MEAP Applicants
- FAQ for MEAP Grantees
You've been selected for MEAP funding, Congratulations! Now what?
- Guide for MEAP Grantees
- MEAP Contract Terms 2021 (Blank Document - For review purposes only)
- Presentation Slides from Grantees Webinar, July 20, 2021
DIGITIZATION PROJECT RESOURCES
These guides provide detailed information for project planning, including recommended hardware and software and best practices to meet MEAP standards.
- Planning a Print (flat object) Digitization Project
- Planning an Audio Digitization Project
- Planning a Video Digitization Project
- Guide for File Naming and Formatting
- UCLA Library Metadata Template
- Metadata FAQ
- MEAP Metadata: Guide for MEAP Grantees
- How does Metadata work for MEAP? [Infographic]
- MEAP Metadata Template Walkthrough [Interactive]
- Getting Started with Metadata
PLANNING GRANT RESOURCES
These resources provide guidance related to documentation and survey projects. These templates may fit the goals of your Planning Grant project, they may not. Reach out to the MEAP staff with questions.
- MEAP Template for Survey Planning
- MEAP Template for Item Level Inventory
- Guide for Archival Processing - Surveying from University of Florida Library
GRANT OF PERMISSION FORM
This form is required for all Project Grant applications. This form confirms that the copyright owner grants permission for the materials to be digitized and made freely available online. If your project involves more than one set of archival materials, each owner must complete a form. Planning Grant applications do not require signed Grant of Permission forms, but may choose to include signed forms with the application or build time into the Planning Grant period to secure permission for future digitization.
ARCHIVAL PARTNER FORM
This form is required for all Project Grants and Planning Grants where the content is located at an institution other than the Host Institution or will be deposited at an institution other than the Host Institution.
These resources provide guidance related to digitization projects. The metadata template must be used to document throughout your project. Reach out to the MEAP staff with questions.
- IDEP Toolkit |This toolkit outlines standards, workflows, and best practices for digital preservation projects. Toolkit available in Arabic, Armenian, English and Spanish.
- EAP Remote Capture | A guide for digitizing documentary heritage in challenging locations.
- EAP Remote Capture in Arabic | Translated guide for digitizing documentary heritage.
- WIPO Guide to Copyright and Intellectual Property | Some best practices for thinking about and securing rights and permissions