The Modern Endangered Archive Program aims to digitize and make accessible endangered archival materials from the 20th and 21st Centuries, including print, photographic, film, audio, ephemeral, and born digital objects.
MEAP is dedicated to:
- Providing open access to cultural and historical materials from around the world as a challenge to politicized and nationalized historical narratives that minimize or silence multiple voices and perspectives.
- Enabling digital preservation of at-risk cultural heritage from parts of the world with limited resources for archival preservation.
- Expanding the capacity for digital preservation around the world and building a culture of open access that can continue after the period of the grant.
The fourth Call for Applications (2021-2022) is now open: Call for Applications. Preliminary Applications will be due November 15, 2021.
- Call for Applications available in Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Malay, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili
- Register now for an Informational Webinar for all Applicants | Tuesday, October 19, 2021 (9 am Pacific Time)
- Check out all Applicant Resources