Detailed Applications due February 14, 2022 | Applicants must be invited to submit a Detailed Application
MEAP APPLICATION PROCESS
- PRELIMINARY APPLICATIONS | Due Monday, November 15, 2021 (11:59 pm Pacific Time)
- PRELIMINARY ROUND DECISIONS COMMUNICATED | December 2021
- DETAILED APPLICATIONS | Due Monday, February 14, 2022 (11:59 pm Pacific Time)
- REFEREE REPORTS | Due Monday, February 28, 2022 (Detailed Application Only)
- PRELIMINARY APPLICATION TEMPLATE [Google Doc]
- DETAILED APPLICATION TEMPLATE [Google Doc]
- Eligibility Details
- Program Guidelines
- FAQs for MEAP Applicants
- FAQs for MEAP Grantees
PROJECT PLANNING GUIDES
These guides provide detailed information for project planning, including recommended hardware and software and best practices to meet MEAP standards.
- Planning a Print (flat object) Digitization Project
- Planning an Audio Digitization Project
- Planning a Video Digitization Project
GRANT OF PERMISSION FORM
This form is required for all Project Grant applications. This form confirms that the copyright owner grants permission for the materials to be digitized and made freely available online. If your project involves more than one set of archival materials, each owner must complete a form. Planning Grant applications do not require signed Grant of Permission forms, but may choose to include signed forms with the application or build time into the Planning Grant period to secure permission for future digitization.
ARCHIVAL PARTNER FORM
This form is required for all Project Grants and Planning Grants where the content is located at an institution other than the Host Institution or will be deposited at an institution other than the Host Institution.
- Confirm Eligibility.
- Review all Program Guidelines.
- Review Project Resources to find templates, workflow guides, and project planning guides.
- All MEAP Project Grants must submit metadata according to the UCLA Library Metadata Template.
2020 - 2021 Application Cycle
- Preliminary Application Template
- Detailed Application Template
- Informational Webinar - Preliminary Application (October 13, 2020) | Slides, Recording (Password: meap2020)
- Informational Webinar - Detailed Application (January 14, 2021) | Slides, Recording (Password: MEAP)
2019-2020 Application Cycle