Call for Applications 2021-22 | Preliminary Applications due Nov 15, 2021
- Applications will open September 2021 at https://meap.smapply.io/
- Call for Applications available in Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Malay, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili
- All MEAP applications must be submitted through our online application portal
MEAP APPLICATION PROCESS
- PRELIMINARY APPLICATION TEMPLATE [PDF, Google Doc]
- DETAILED APPLICATION TEMPLATE [PDF, Google Doc]
- Eligibility Details
- Program Guidelines
- FAQs for MEAP Applicants
- FAQs for MEAP Grantees
PROJECT PLANNING GUIDES
These guides provide detailed information for project planning, including recommended hardware and software and best practices to meet MEAP standards.
- Planning a Print (flat object) Digitization Project
- Planning an Audio Digitization Project
- Planning a Video Digitization Project
GRANT OF PERMISSION FORM
This form is required for all Project Grant applications. This form confirms that the copyright owner grants permission for the materials to be digitized and made freely available online. If your project involves more than one set of archival materials, each owner must complete a form. Planning Grant applications do not require signed Grant of Permission forms, but may choose to include signed forms with the application or build time into the Planning Grant period to secure permission for future digitization.
ARCHIVAL PARTNER FORM
This form is required for all Project Grants and Planning Grants where the content is located at an institution other than the Host Institution or will be deposited at an institution other than the Host Institution.
- Confirm Eligibility.
- Check out slides from October 19 Informational Webinar
- Review all Program Guidelines.
- Review Project Resources to find templates, workflow guides, and project planning guides.
- All MEAP Project Grants must submit metadata according to the UCLA Library Metadata Template.
2020 - 2021 Application Cycle
- Preliminary Application Template
- Detailed Application Template
- Informational Webinar - Preliminary Application (October 13, 2020) | Slides, Recording (Password: meap2020)
- Informational Webinar - Detailed Application (January 14, 2021) | Slides, Recording (Password: MEAP)
2019-2020 Application Cycle